31 July 2023
We’re hiring a Frontend Developer
Full time / £28,000 – £32,000 pa
We’re looking for an experienced Frontend developer to join our highly focussed team. You will create bespoke digital applications from specification to delivery, debug projects, implement iterative improvements and support the team with technical expertise. Reporting to the Digital Director and supporting and working with the Full Stack Developer.
You’ll have a passion for creative technologies and digital innovation. Having a love for the web and building outstanding digital experiences is at the heart of everything you code.
The successful candidate will be joining an ambitious, independent agency full of driven and passionate people. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do, and this role will involve both internal and external collaboration.
This is a semi flexible role. Three days per week at our Canterbury-based studio, two days remotely.
As Developer, you will have the ability to:
- Develop innovative, high-quality digital solutions
- Maintain & support existing digital projects
- Create specifications from briefs or wireframes/prototypes
- Research new technologies and ways of delivering projects
- Develop high-quality technical standards for all the agency’s output
We’d like you to bring:
- 3+ years of development experience on the agency side, in-house side or both.
- Experience creating web animations
- Experience in CMS building in WordPress and Django/Wagtail
- Experience with AWS services, including EC2 and Lightsail
- Experience utilising MySQL & PostgreSQL for database management
- Experience with building out sites from Adobe Photoshop, Affinity Designer or Figma files
- Solid working knowledge of Git version control
- Experience utilising Docker
- Experience working with APIs
- A good working knowledge of SEO best practises
- An understanding of accessibility standards
- Experience with cross browser and device testing
- Understanding of how agencies operate and the value that they bring to clients.
- A recognised degree or other qualification in computer science or other field significantly related to this role.
- Must be able to work efficiently on multiple projects to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to generate ideas and think beyond basic requirements to exceed expectations.
- Highly Collaborative: Able to work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams of designers, developers and product managers.
- A clear communicator. Capable of conveying ideas and breaking down concepts clearly to a diverse range of stakeholders (verbally and written).
- Open to sharing, whether that be your thoughts, ideas or work in-progress.
- Want to grow. You seek out opportunities to learn, advocating good feedback with those who you work with.
- To be a critical friend to the team and a staunch advocate of your clients to ensure the highest quality of output.
- Impeccable attention to detail in your development work, processes and presentations.
As part of our team, you get:
- 28 days paid annual leave plus your birthday off
- Flexible and hybrid working options
- Health insurance for you and your immediate family
- Team events and celebrations
- £1,000 annual training budget
- Apple laptop
- Selected applicants will be invited for an interview.
- A task will be set and you will need to present your work to the team.
- The target date for making an appointment is September 2023, with a start date as soon as practicable allowing for the usual notice periods and commitments.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your portfolio link.