04 July 2023
We’re hiring a Midweight Designer
Full time / Hybrid working (Studio 3 days per week) / £32,000 – £38,000 pa
As a Midweight Designer you will be at the heart of our creative output. Creating work that drives projects forward, you will be relied upon to answer design briefs with creative solutions to a high standard. Working with and reporting to the Creative Director, but also across our entire team to ensure we meet our shared objectives.
You’ll have a love for creativity, bringing ideas, energy and solid design skills to any task; from immersion, to strategy, to expression and implementation.
You’re ready for more: more responsibility, more experimentation, more of a challenge and more room to grow and develop.
The successful candidate will be joining an ambitious, independent agency full of driven and passionate people. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do, and this role will involve both internal and external collaboration.
As Designer, you will have the ability to:
- Question and challenge briefs, and solve problems creatively
- Generate ideas and interesting creative work with strong conceptual foundations and strategies to exceed expectations and motivate others to do the same
- Provide valuable input across all stages of a project from immersion to implementation
- Take responsibility to hit deadlines, be aware of timings and being punctual while working efficiently on multiple projects
- Prepare and present work. Working directly with creative leads to build out proposals, pitches, and presentations
- Keep on top of your game, in a creative world that is always changing
- Present work to clients and explain, discuss, and justify design decisions and respond constructively and creatively to feedback
- Collaborative and excited to share ideas as well as work independently. Encourage an open and collaborative working culture
- Positive attitude, excited about creativity with a willingness to grow
We’d like you to bring:
- 5+ years experience in a reputable agency environment, with experience of successful digital projects, working on pitch decks or print work that you can demonstrate through an online portfolio of work
- Your portfolio should reflect an exceptional foundation of design principles and how they translate into digital mediums
- Experience with UX deliverables such as user journeys, flows, sitemaps, wireframes and interactive prototypes.
- A strong focus on a user-centric approach. People are at the heart of everything we do. Designing for real people is what inspires us.
- A strong understanding of visual systems, interaction patterns, and established user behaviours. You know the rules and when to break them to better serve the user
- Able to work with users/clients to understand their needs, pain points and to identify opportunities for improvement
- A clear communicator. Capable of conveying ideas and breaking down concepts clearly to a diverse range of stakeholders (verbally and written)
- High standards for craft. Able to understand the importance of small details and believing that we don’t settle, we push for only the best creative work.
- An advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, InVision and Adobe CS
- Experience in animation, motion theory a bonus
As part of our team, you get:
- 20 days + bank holidays paid annual leave plus your birthday off
- Flexible and hybrid working options
- Health insurance for you and your immediate family
- Team events and celebrations
- £1,000 annual training budget
- Apple laptop
- Selected applicants will be invited for an interview.
- A task will be set and you will need to present your work to the team.
- The target date for making an appointment is September 2023, with a start date as soon as practicable allowing for the usual notice periods and commitments.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your portfolio link.